Business Sponsor Visa
What do you need to know about Business Sponsor Visas?
Key principles you ought to consider if you wish to apply as Business Person for this visa from a NON-European Country.
The Business Sponsor Visa falls under The Tier 1 (Investor) category. This visa is for high net worth individuals making a substantial financial investment in the UK. Under this route you will not need to show that you have any English language ability because, while you can work in the UK if you wish to, you should not need to work.
Legal guidance at a glance:
- Advise on your Rights
- Assessment of your Claim Free
- Assessment of Good Character
- Prepare documents in support of claim
- Prepare your Naturalisation Application
- Keep you informed of all developments
Business Sponsor Visa London
- You will not need to show any maintenance (funds) because, if you have the required investment funds, you will be able to support yourself in the UK without needing help from public funds.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use this route and the assets and investment you are claiming points for must be wholly under your control.
- Even if you meet all the conditions of Tier 1 (Investor) category, there may be other reasons why the Home Office will refuse your application under the general grounds for refusal listed in the Immigration Rules. For example, this could be because of your previous immigration history. Please contact us for free telephone legal advice.
- You will not be able to claim most benefits that are paid by the state. You will have to register with the police if this is required by paragraph 326 of the Immigration Rules, depending on your nationality. You will not be able to take employment as a Doctor or Dentist in training, except in defined circumstances. You will not be able to take employment as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach).
- Your dependents may be able to join the main applicant; however, any dependant application is determined by the Home Office;
- Control of and provenance of funds
- you are not in control of, and at liberty freely to invest the money specified in your application;
- any of the money held by you, or being made available to you by a third party, has been acquired by means of conduct which is unlawful in the UK, or would constitute unlawful conduct if it occurred in the UK; or
- the character conduct or associations of any third party providing funds is such that approval of the application would not be conducive to the public good.
- The original certificate, for each country (excluding the UK) where you have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, since aged 18 years old, issued by the overseas authority, and
- If the original is not in English, a translated copy of the certificate, in line with the requirements set out on the certifying a document page of GOV.UK. Certificates will only be considered valid if they have been issued within 6 months of the visa application or within the expressed validity period of the document, whichever is the shorter. Current information on how to obtain certificates from various countries can be found on the criminal records checks page of GOV.UK.
Business Sponsor Visa FAQs
Yes, You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business-related activities.
Turkish Business Person visa;
Business Visitor Visas;
Long-Term Business Visitor Visas;
Persons seeking to enter or remain in the United Kingdom as a businessman, self-employed person, investor, writer or composer or artist.
Yes, if you wish to come as an Investor and set up a business in the UK.
Only Tier 4 General Visa holders can switch to Tier 1 £50,000
We can assist in many ways from advising you on what to apply for, the legal ramifications and point you in the direction of a trusted litigation solicitor.
Contact us for more information.