overseas students tier 4

Overseas students to work in UK – Tier 4

The current “Guidance to be used for all Tier 4 applications made on or after 11th January 2019” states that the main purposes of the visa are for you to come to the UK to study. Where you are permitted to work, the intention is that this should be to supplement your income whilst studying. In most cases, the Home Office can expect this to be taking a part-time role for an established business/organisation. For example, a customer service role at a retailer or as part of a work placement provided it is an integral and assessed part of your course.

There are limits on your working hours that depend on when you applied for permission to come to or stay in the UK, the type of course you study, and what type of sponsor you are studying with.

Any time spent working can be in addition to any time spent on a permitted work placement.

If you applied for Tier 4 leave on or after 3 August 19, A full-time course at degree level (RQF level 6 (and equivalents)) or above sponsored by a UK recognised body or a body in receipt of public funding as a Higher Education Institution “20 hours per week during term time and full-time during vacations” is allowed.

Sajid Javid has said he wants to see an end to tough rules on overseas students being allowed to stay in the UK to work, arguing for what he called a more “flexible, sensible attitude” to immigration.

error: Content is protected !!
Scroll to Top