UK Entertainment Visas Or UK Creative Worker Visa

UK Entertainment Visas And The UK Creative Worker Visa

Table of Contents

The Motion Picture Association’s annual THEME Report highlighted shocking figures on how the COVID Pandemic has affected the theatrical and in-home entertainment industry. Astonishingly internationally and nationally, the video industry has been worsted affected.

Forbes, Independent Media Consultant  Brad Adgate reported on the report ….

Here are some findings from the report:

Global Revenue: In 2020 the entire global theatrical and home/mobile entertainment market totalled $80.8 billion, the lowest figure since 2016 and a decline of 18% from 2019. The sharpest decline was in theatrical revenue which dropped from $42.3 billion in 2019 to $12 billion in 2020. Theatrical entertainment accounted for only 15% of the total global entertainment revenue, compared to 43% in 2019……

Who Can Apply For A Entertainment Visa 

To understand in detail who can apply for an Entertainment Visa, read the Immigration Rules Appendix V: Visitor published in February 2016, then updated on the 30th November 2022 it outlines the rules relied upon to seek entry, the Immigration Statement of Changes defines which category of entertainers can apply either for 1 month or 6 months, a longer stay to perform for as long as 12 months requires the Artist to be sponsored by a UK Entertainment Agency or Company.

the Immigration Rules Appendix V: Visitor under V 13.3. The following are permitted paid engagements: states ……

  • (e) a professional artist, entertainer, or musician coming to carry out an activity directly relating to their profession, where they have been invited by a creative (arts or entertainment) organisation, agent or broadcaster based in the UK; and
  • (f) a Professional Sportsperson coming to carry out an activity directly relating to their profession, where they have been invited by a sports organisation, agent, or broadcaster based in the UK.

A further detailed list of artists is listed under the Skilled Workers Codes also published under The Immigration Rules Part 6A: The Points Based System, Points-based system (paragraphs 245AAA to 245ZZE) however artists that are under this list must be sponsored by a UK-based Company; these copies will apply for a Sponsor Licence and seek a Creative Temporary Workers Certificate under codes; 3411 Artists [Artist, Illustrator, Portrait Painters,   Sculptor]; 3414 Dancers and Choreographers [Ballet Dancers, Choreographers, Dancers, Dance Teachers]; 3415 Musicians [Composers, Musicians, Organists, Pianists, Song Writers, Violinists]; 3413 Actors, Entertainers and Presenters [Actors, Disc Jockeys, Entertainers, Presenters (broadcasting) and Singers]; 3416 Arts Officers [Producers and Directors, Theatrical Agents] additional eligibility conditions to be met are that as the intended Artist they do make a unique contribution to the UK labour market, for example, having traceable evidence of internationally recognition or the Artist are required for continuity of work in the UK, the sponsoring UK Employer must then assign a certificate of a sponsorship reference number, the intended UK Employer must be offer pay at the  minimum salary level as set by Equity, PACT or BECTU (except for models, musicians or circuses) the salary must be enough to support the Artist in the UK – you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt) for entry clearance purposes, If the Artist is required for a short term period of 12 to 24 months, all members of the group, must pass the English Language Test at B1 33 points in all 4 categories [reading 33 points, writing 33 points, listening 33 points and speaking 33 points], your visa will be refused if you do not pass in all 4 categories, for more detailed understand of how you may qualify for this Creative Worker Visa contact Shabana Shahab now!…

How to apply for a UK Creative Visa

An Artist may be required to perform for less than 3 months. If so, you may not require an entry visa and fall under the “Creative Worker Visa Concession Rules” The Artiest can enter the UK without applying for a visa in advance if: They have a valid Temporary Work – Creative Worker Certificate of Sponsorship, the Artist must only be coming to work in the UK for 3 months or more, in addition, the Artist must be travelling at a national not normally in need for a visa to enter the UK as a visitor. The Artist must meet all the Temporary Work – Creative Worker visa eligibility requirements, in addition, the Artist Visa holder will not be able to extend their stay while they are in the UK or switch to another temporary work visa or a Skilled Worker visa, because concessions have been offered under this scheme, mainly the non-requirement of prior entry visa. Artist Visa holders’ family members e.g partners and children can travel with the Artist if they also do not normally need a visa to enter the UK as a visitor. When the ARtist lands in the UK he or she must produce the original certificate of sponsorship for the Immigration Officer to check upon arrival, by checking the certificate of sponsorship is valid, and then checking the Artist has enough money to support themselves and their dependants  – check how much in the eligibility requirements, the  Immigration Officer will stamp the Artists’ passport for 6 months only or for the period stated on the certificate of sponsorship, the Artist must leave the UK before his or her leave expires in the UK.

Ideally, a long-term Foreign Artist is required to have a UK Employer acting as a licensed sponsor to give the Artist a Certificate of Sponsorship before they can apply to work in the UK. The Certificate of Sponsorship contains a unique reference number which holds information about the event the Foreign Artist will be servicing and their personal details, all of which are detailed in the actual certificate or paper document. Usually, the UK Employer only gives the Certificate of the Sponsorship reference number, however, having a complete copy of the paper documents is very important for entry to the UK.

Other information to help the Foreign Artists apply for entry would be how much *they will be paid, which must be declared on the visa entry application, in addition, the certificate of sponsorship will only be valid for 3 months from the date it is assigned to you.

Can a Creative Worker Visa Holder Change UK Employer 

The Foreign Artist will have to apply again and meet all the eligibility rules if they want to change their UK Employing Sponsor within the same organisation or move to a new organisation.

Changing your sponsor does not change how long the Foreign artist can stay in the UK, they can only stay the maximum length of time allowed by the visa. 

Multiple Jobs When You’re A Creative Worker

The UK Sponsor can give the Foreign Artist a certificate that covers the entire length of their stay, even if they need to perform at more than one engagement. If you’re working for more than one sponsor, you can get a certificate from each UK Sponsor.

The Foreign Artist cannot have a gap of more than 14 days between each job. If the Foreign Artist leave the UK and come back, the time away will not count towards those 14 days.

Money To Support a Foreign Artist 

The Foreign Artist must have at least £1,270 in his or her bank account to show her or she can support themselves in the UK. In addition, the money must available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa.

Call Today for a Creative Work Visa 01634789223

error: Content is protected !!
Scroll to Top